Fundraising strategy from Hungary
- the goal is renewal of HAND, making it sustainable;
- cooperating with member organizations and find new members;
- gather former ideas we have had / what was good;
- exploring new funding opportunities (fund, grant);
- assessing relationships (members, resources, partners).
- develop a plan and realize its first year;
- generate any amount of revenue (more than 300 EUR).
- write sponsored columns in a newspaper (experts writes articles for free to a newspaper and the newspaper gives donation to the platform);
- Sell team building trainings;
- Sell “SDG adoption” for companies;
- Start a blog page;
- Fundraising Pitch Contest.
- ACTIVE funder: we give a team building based on sustainability subjects and we receive a fee.
- PASSIVE funder: the company adopts one of the SDGs and gives us donation. We gave advices on sustainability and advertisement.
General findings of the fundraising planning involving HAND members
- Trainings could involve several member organizations;
- The donation may also be justified from a corporate perspective since a non-governmental organization gives the training for a good cause;
- The trainings could engage individuals also.
- Compilation of the content of the trainings;
- Collect appropriate "trainers" (10-15 would be good for a sufficient pool);
- Reaching out to potential companies + Sales workflow;
- Member organizations should not circumvent HAND and go directly to companies.
- possibility to exhibit their own content, programs, messages;
- improving their own know-how on fundraising and on their own subject matter through developing and delivering trainings;
- receive a commission of the income.
Name of the final fundraising program: SDG adoption
B. Goal: to sensitize companies and their employees by focusing on 1-1 sustainability topics.
C. Format: sponsorship package (can be multi-level or call for individual donation by staff):
- 1-2 hour sensitization presentation for the company on the SDG (for executives or employees);
- logo / badge that can be used by the company to communicate in a given year;
- description, background material on SDGs in general, and specific SDGs and subsections - from which the company can create internal communication materials.
D. Topics: all SDGs can be adopted (prioritize).
E. NGOs that should be contacted:
- https://www.elfoodbank.hu/ (have a corporate donation project)
F. Required resources:
- collect at least 5 companies worth looking for per SDG (not just large companies);
- sales plan compilation (who presents what and how to contact companies (eg. via email, exhibition, conference, personal contacts, search for media partnerships);
- dedicated website, flyer, presentation;
- compilation of sponsorship packages (graphics, content, production);
- campaign (social + PR).
G. Revenue opportunities: adoption packages average price around 400.000 HUF
- of which cost (printing, personalized badge, video production): about 150.000 HUF;
- 250-300.000 HUF for HAND;
- After 8-9 training sessions, the investment comes back + we achieve the 1.000.000 HUF expected result.